Pages

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

What I Miss in Blogging


It's been awhile since I wrote something here. They say that blogging is like a way of life, everyday you will write everything that happened in your life, significant or not--just write it down. Well in my case, I treat my blog as a significant part of my being, to which my ramblings about life,death, and everything in between are intact. when time comes to reminisce those bittersweet whatever, I can just click it right away here in my URL. So for today, I am just updating my blog and preparing a debut poem to which a friend inspired me to craft and wield in my foundry of poems. And what a damn coincidence that I am thinking of Edgar Allan Poe's passage about sleep,( in my mind I was just thinking, "I should write this one") damn! I will just post it and here it is.


“Sleep, those little slices of death — how I loathe them.” 

―Edgar Allan Poe

Poems are likely to be found in ordinary language...
And ordinary language is most likely part of the usual
Sleep is part of the unusual, wherein
dreams are the catharsis of poems. Well, will you miss Morpheus?
 if he'll lulls you to sleep, but in waking
you'll forget everything? I owe it
 to the usual, for it manages to remember
 what you have lost,

through blunders.

the title of this poem is 'what we miss in sleeping', technically the reason why I wrote this one is a mystery. It is for the reader to interpret what I've said and what the poem is actually about in their own perspective. to that, a poet will never reveal his own motives/intentions in his craft.
P.S. tomorrow again I will write something.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...